The main parties involved in the liner shipping industry usually involve liner companies, shipping agents, non-vessel carriers, maritime freight forwarders, shippers and other related parties involved in the transportation of goods. In order to make customers know more about us, we will mainly introduce some information about NVOCCs for reference.
Definition of the NVOCC
A non-vessel carrier is also called a non-vessel public carrier. This refers to a company that operates a non-vessel shipping business. It accepts the carrier’s cargo as a carrier, issues its own bill of lading or other transport document, and collects the freight from the shipper. The company that provides international sea cargo transportation services through the liner shipping company, bears the carrier's responsibility, and provides international sea cargo transportation services according to the law.
NVOCC's business field
1. As the carrier enters into a contract of carriage with the consignor of the goods, issues the shipping documents (bill of lading, waybill) and is responsible for the carriage of the goods from the place where the goods are accepted to the destination.
2. As the general carrier organizes the whole process of cargo transportation, formulate a full-transportation plan and organize the implementation of various activities.
3. According to the shipper's requirements and the specific conditions of the goods, the actual carrier will be negotiated with the transport (booking).
4. Accept the goods from the shipper, organize or arrange the transportation to the export port, enter into a contract of carriage (in my name), and hand over the goods to the sea carrier that has been booked.
5. If necessary, handle the storage and delivery of goods.
6. After receiving the goods from the sea carrier at the port of destination, deliver the goods to the consignee.
Function of NOVCC
1. Requirement of the marketing
With the development of container transportation, the bulk cargo of small and medium-sized cargo owners will inevitably require someone to carry out consolidation and consolidation. The non-vessel carrier will carry out the consolidation of the bulk cargo and sign the transportation contract with the actual carrier for the whole container. Thereby saving the time for small and medium-sized shippers to check the consignment to the common carrier, reducing their transportation cost, reducing the cumbersome transportation, increasing the transportation speed of small batches of goods, and greatly promoting the development of container transportation.
2. Mutual benefit and win-win
A non-vessel carrier can concentrate the goods of multiple cargo owners and sign a transportation contract with the actual carrier with a larger volume. Some non-vessel carriers can also sign freight rate agreements with shipping companies. The greater the volume, the greater the ability to bargain, and thus obtain more favorable freight rates, which is not only beneficial to non-vessel carriers, but also beneficial to cargo owners. Therefore, many cargo owners are willing to arrange transportation through non-vessel carriers.
3. Legal support
The concept of non-vessel carriers is clearly defined in both Chinese and US laws. Although other regions do not separate NVOCCs from freight forwarders as a single entity, they are required to act as freight forwarders for independent operators. The non-vessel shipping business is included in the human business, allowing the existence of such business and continuously promoting its development.
We are the NVOCC party, please contact us if necessary.
Ivy Luo. C/S manager
Tel: 0755-21018307, Mob:13590218500